Board Meeting Minutes
The Board of Directors meets on a periodic basis to review ongoing issues in the sport, hold disciplinary hearings and review the general business of NAFA.
- May 6th, 2013 - The
agenda for the May 8th Board of Directors teleconference is posted.
- September 12, 2012 - The minutes from the August 11th board meeting have been posted.
- August 3, 2012 - The updated agenda (with rules recommendations) for the upcoming August 11th board meeting has been posted.
- June 5, 2012 - Minutes
from the May 19th NAFA BOD meeting have been posted.
- March 20, 2012 - The minutes for the
January 20th NAFA BOD meeting have been posted.
- March 12, 2012 - The minutes for the
February 27th NAFA BOD teleconference have been posted.
- February 16th, 2012 - The January 21st AGM minutes
have been published.
- February 13th, 2012 - The highlights from the January board
meeting have been published.
- January 12, 2012 - The agenda with rules committee
recommendations for the January 20th NAFA BOD meeting has been posted. The board meeting is to be held at the Embassy
Suites Hotel Raleigh - Crabtree, 4700 Creedmoor Road, Raleigh, NC 27612. The meeting will begin at 8 AM in
the Renaissance A Ballroom.
- November 15th, 2011 - The minutes from the August BOD
meeting have been published.
- October 20, 2011 - The minutes
from the NAFA BOD meeting held October 6, 2011 have been posted.
- October 6th, 2011 - Multibreed point proposal for a binding delegate vote
Introduction: In an effort to revitalize the multibreed class, the board is presenting a proposal for consideration by the
delegates that would increase the NAFA title points earned in the multibreed class. If adopted, the following change would
become effective October 1, 2012.
Question for delegate vote: Should NAFA amend the point-count rules for the multibreed class so that each dog on a team that
runs with a recorded time less than 24 seconds earns 30 points; from 24 to 27.999 seconds earns 7 points; and from 28 to
31.999 seconds earns 2 points?
Pros: This increase is designed to recognize and reward the comparative difficulty of assembling a multibreed team where
every dog running is of a different breed, counting a mix as a single breed. Of all the classes, multibreed perhaps does
the most to stimulate interest in flyball because people who have dogs at home can identify with the variety of breeds
running and visualize doing so with their own dog.
Cons: This proposal cheapens the points earned by dogs who run with clubs not able to field multibreed teams and makes
titles too easy to get. There should be one point system for all.
- September 26, 2011 - The highlights
from the August NAFA BOD meeting are posted.
- September 13, 2011 - The meeting highlights from the August BOD
meeting have been published.
- August 25, 2011 - The minutes for the July 12th teleconference has been published.
- July 14, 2011 - The minutes from the April 22nd BOD
teleconference have been published.
- July 14, 2011 - The minutes from the April BOD
meeting have been published.
May 23, 2011 - Dale Smith resigned from the Election Committee.
- April 16, 2011 - The Board heard Disciplinary Action DC #2011-1 at a hearing 4/16/11 and made the following findings:
“We find that the disciplinary charge was not sustained, but that the accused administered an inappropriate
correction in the ring and that correction was administered to another team’s dog. This action merited a
reprimand, but did not merit disciplinary action.”
- March 1st, 2011 - Abridged minutes from the Jan. 29th AGM
- March 1st, 2011 - Abridged minutes from the Jan. 28th BOD meeting
- February 23th, 2011 - Minutes from the Feb. 8th teleconference.
- January 12, 2011 - NAFA Board of Directors will be holding a board meeting January 28th -
Read the working agenda (includes Rules Committee report).
- November 4, 2010 - Minutes from the Sept. 28th BOD teleconference
- September 14, 2010 - Minutes from the Aug. 24th BOD teleconference
- September 10, 2010 - Minutes from the Aug. 7th BOD meeting
- August 20, 2010 - NAFA Board of Directors will be holding a teleconference
Aug. 24th. Read the agenda.
- August 12, 2010 - Highlights from the Aug. 7th BOD meeting have been posted!
- July 29, 2010 - Revised Agenda with Rules Committee recommendations for the August 7th board meeting. NAFA welcomes comments and suggestions from NAFA
community. Please send any comments directly to the Rules committee.
- July 19, 2010 - Proposed changes to the Articles of Incorporation and Bylaws
NAFA is a nonprofit Michigan directorship entity. As its corporate
documents hadn’t been reviewed for many years, we hired Jane Forbes, who
is with Michigan law firm of Dykema and serves as co-chair of the State Bar
of Michigan Nonprofit Corporations Committee, to review NAFA’s articles
of incorporation and bylaws to make sure they comply with the most current
Michigan statutes and to bring them into the 21st century, legally and
practically. The attached proposed revisions to the articles of incorporation
and bylaws are the product of that work.
We’ve put up both redline and clean copies, so you can track the proposed
revisions easily. Some involve moving language that doesn’t belong in
bylaws to the corporate policies or rules; an example is the reference to dog
CRN’s in Article III, which will be moved to Chapter 3 of the Rules of
Racing since we’re advised this shouldn’t be in the bylaws. Others are more
technical, such as the revision to the “deemed consent” provision for board
approvals of administrative matters, or are designed to match the bylaws to
actual practice, such as the composition and names of the various board
committees. Still others are designed to state things more clearly than they
are now. Finally, some are intended to modernize our documents so we can
use outside services, like internet voting services, that weren’t even thought
of when the original documents were created.
Amendments take a two-thirds vote of the Board of Directors. The Board
plans to consider these at its August 7 meeting. These are a work in
progress and NAFA welcomes comments and suggestions from NAFA
community. Please send them directly to the Board members, whose contact
information is listed on this site, or directly to the Rules committee.
- Articles of Incorporation
- Revised Draft of Bylaws
- July 8, 2010 - The August 7th board meeting will be held at 300 South Fourth St, Suite 900 Las Vegas, NV 89101.
Anyone wishing to attend in person should contact
Leerie Jenkins before August 7th
(or call 336.420.9706 on August 7th) for weekend access to the office building.
- May 8, 2010 - Minutes from the May 8th board meeting
February 5, 2010 - October 1, 2008
January 15 & 16, 2010 - Highlights from the board meeting and AGM
- March 10, 2010 - Minutes from the board teleconference meeting
- January 15, 2010 - Minutes from the board meeting
- January 16, 2010 - Minutes from the AGM
- October 20, 2009 - BOD teleconference abridged
- October 20, 2009 - BOD teleconference press release
- August 22, 2009 - Highlights from the board meeting
- August 6, 2009 - Teleconference board meeting minutes
- June 18, 2009 - Teleconference board meeting
- June 9, 2009 - NAFA Leadership Chat Transcript
- May 25, 2009 - Teleconference board meeting
- March 21, 2009 - Board meeting in Las Vegas, Nevada
- January 15, 2009 - Teleconference
- November 29, 2008 - Annual General Meeting Minutes in Montreal, Quebec
- November 29, 2008 - Board Meeting in Montreal, Quebec
- August 19, 2008 - Teleconference
- August 2, 2008 - Board Meeting in Golden, Colorado
- July 21, 2008 - Teleconference
- June 18, 2008 - Teleconference
- May 27, 2008 - Teleconference
- February 9, 2008 - Board Meeting in Las Vegas, NV
- December 1, 2007 - Annual General Meeting in Omaha, NE
- November 30, 2007 - Board Meeting in Omaha, NE
- Attachment A – Profit & Loss – Oct 1 through Nov 28, 2007
- Attachment B – Request regarding wheelchairs (permission to post granted by author on 11/27/07)
- August 25, 2007 - Board Meeting in Detroit, MI
- July 23, 2007 - Board Teleconference
- June 20, 2007 - Board Teleconference
- April 18, 2007 - Board Teleconference
- January 13, 2007 - Board Meeting in Las Vegas, NV
- December 9, 2006 - Board Meeting in Fitchburg, MA (AGM)
- December 8, 2006 - Board Meeting in Fitchburg, MA
- September 27, 2006 - Teleconference
- August 12, 2006 - Board Meeting in Detroit, MI
- June 29, 2006 - Teleconference
- March 29, 2006 - Teleconference
- January 28, 2006 - Board Meeting in Houston, TX
- January 4, 2006 - Teleconference
- November 5, 2005 - Annual General Meeting in Minneapolis, MN
- November 4, 2005 - Board Meeting in Minneapolis, MN
- October 5, 2005 - Teleconference - October 5
- September 7, 2005 - Teleconference
- August 17, 2005 - Teleconference
- July 30, 2005 - Board Meeting in Detroit, MI
- July 11, 2005 - Teleconference
- June 22, 2005 - Teleconference
- May 4, 2005 - Teleconference
- March 18/19, 2005 - Board Meeting in Los Angeles, CA
- January 15, 2005 - Board Meeting in St. Louis, MS