December 5, 2007
Announcements from NAFA Board of Directors Meeting
November 30, 2007 – Omaha, NE
- As of January 1st we are changing the rules to allow the use of the ring on Saturday night for team use (for single dog racing etc.) during a two-day tournament. Teams are already allowed to use the ring on Friday nights, and are also allowed to use the ring on Sat night during two one-day tournaments.
A proposal exists to change NAFA Rule 8.2a to provide that jump heights will be set by subtracting five instead of four inches from the height at the withers of the shortest dog running, to a minimum jump height of seven inches.
The Board of Directors is calling for a delegate vote on this topic. The proposed issue is being published to the delegates for a three month comment period, after which a vote will be called. For the motion to pass, it must be supported by 2/3 of the delegates voting.
- Judges approvals:
- Michael Fry from Douglasville, PA from Novice to Apprentice
- Dave Collett from Mesa, AZ from Apprentice to Provisional
- Curtis Smith from Eagle River, AK from Provisional to Approved
- Brian Kauk from Brantford, Ontario from Approved to Supervising
- Regional Director approvals:
- Natalie Cornell, Region 20, from Acting to Approved
© North American Flyball Association. NAFA® is a registered trademark of NAFA, Inc.
Celebrating over two decades of flyball!